Cricket Betting Guide
Cricket betting guide by Hursh Barrn
Where You Can Legally Bet on Cricket Online in the US
How to Bet on Cricket Online
Since tennis is one of the most popular sports to bet on worldwide, practically every sportsbook will offer a wide array of tennis betting options. These options include both live “in-play” tennis betting as well as standard pre-match betting. Tennis is undoubtedly one of the best sports to bet on, with professional matches taking place almost every day of the year. The volume tennis provides is only matched by international soccer. But with just two variables—player x and player y—the bad beats in tennis are few and far between. Many professional tournaments now have automated line calls, further limiting the catastrophic damage referees and umpires have been known to cause.
Most Common Cricket Betting Types
- Moneyline (ML)
- Individual Player Run Line Prop
- Team Run line Prop
- Fall of Wickets Run line Prop
- Fall of Next Wicket Run Line Prop
- Partnership Run Line Prop
- Highest Wicket Taker Prop
- Top Batter In the match Prop
- Man of the Match Prop
- 50 (i.e. Half Century) to be scored (Yes or no)
- 100 (i.e. Century) to be scored (Yes or No)
Besides these, there are a few other prop bets as well based on individual sportsbooks & betting exchanges.
Cricket Betting Metrics to Know
- GROUND STATS
- PITCH DATA based on ground trends
- Ground dimensions
- Data on whether there has been any relaying of the pitch (i.e. playing surface) or recent construction of stands etc.
- Weather Conditions.
- Weather is a very important factor as it overrides every other stat in the game. A batting-friendly surface can become a bowler-friendly one if the weather is cloudy, overcast, etc.
- Player Top bat win rates
- Player Top bowler win rates etc.
Cricket Betting Strategies
Before any strategy is implemented, the first thing to consider is to have information regarding pitch conditions, weather data, team composition/injuries, ground data, etc. As cricket is played across various countries where pitch and weather differ drastically, these things become the #1 factor in matchup analysis. Things such as rankings, winning records, and form can be rendered irrelevant at times when these factors are not in one team’s favor.
Cricket Betting Mistakes
Blindly betting on a team based on their form and rankings and not giving enough importance to playing conditions, team combinations, pitch stats, ground stats, weather reports, etc. Cricket is an outdoor sport. Hence, these factors have to be given prime importance before selecting bets. There has to be a fine balancing act that needs to be taken into account.