Fights Betting Guide
Where You Can Legally Bet on Fights Online in the US
How to Bet on Fights Online
- Create an online account with a Sportsbook. Our recommended Sportsbook is BETUS – Click the link here or use Promo code “Prowagering” to get 125% match on your first deposit
- Fund your account
- Find “MMA” or “Boxing” and click
- Find the match you want under “MMA” or “Boxing”
- Decide what you want to bet
- Enter the amount you want to bet
- Add to your bet slip
- Confirm your bet slip and place your wager
Most Common Fights Betting Types
Moneyline: The odds for a fighter to win the match outright.
Round betting: A bet on when the match will end, either by decision, TKO, KO, or disqualification.
Method of victory: A bet on how the match will end, whether by KO, TKO, submission, decision, or disqualification.
Total rounds: A bet on how many rounds the match will last.
Fight outcome props: A bet on a specific outcome of the match, such as a knockdown or a fighter winning in a certain round.
In-fight props: A bet on an event or statistic that occurs during the fight, such as the number of punches thrown or the number of takedowns.
Futures: A bet on an event that will happen in the future, such as a fighter winning a certain title.
Live betting: A type of betting in which bets can be placed during the course of a fight, rather than before it starts.
Handicap: A bet in which a virtual disadvantage is given to the favorite to even the betting field.
Group betting: A bet on a group of fighters, rather than a single fighter.
Fights Betting Metrics to Know
Betting on MMA and boxing requires knowledge and understanding of the various metrics used to evaluate fighters. Knowing different metrics such as punch stats, takedowns, submission attempts and striking accuracy can help bettors make informed decisions about who to place their bets on. Additionally, understanding the records of different fighters can help you identify good betting opportunities. Other common metrics in fights are power, defense, speed and accuracy.
Fights Betting Strategies
- Study the fighters’ styles and tendencies: Knowing the fighters’ strengths, weaknesses, and fighting styles can give you an edge when placing bets.
- Pay attention to the fighters’ recent form and conditioning: A fighter’s recent performances and physical condition can greatly affect their chances in the upcoming match.
- Look for value in underdogs: Underdogs can provide good value and have a chance to win, don’t overlook them.
- Keep an eye on the odds movement: Keep track of how the odds are changing and look for opportunities to place bets at the best value.
- Use a staking plan: A staking plan can help you manage your bankroll effectively and set specific amounts to bet on different matches.
- Don’t bet emotionally: Avoid letting your emotions guide your bets and stick to your research and analysis.
- Follow the expert’s picks: Keep an eye on what experts and analysts are saying about the upcoming matches, and consider their insights.
- Have a strict bankroll management plan: Setting a budget and sticking to it can help you avoid overspending and keep your betting profitable.
- Keep records of your bets: Keeping track of your bets will allow you to analyze your performance and make adjustments to your betting strategy.
- Be selective with your bets: Focus on a few bets that you have done your research on and feel confident in, instead of spreading your bets too thin.
Most Common Fights Betting Mistakes
Not researching the fighters enough
Not managing bankroll effectively
Not paying attention to recent form and conditioning
Not being selective with bets
Not keeping track of your bets
Not taking advantage of promotions and bonuses
Not having patience and getting caught up in short-term results
Not betting within your means.
Fights Betting FAQs