MLB Betting Guide
Where You Can Legally Bet on MLB Online in the US
How to Bet on MLB Online
- Create an online account with a Sportsbook. Our recommended Sportsbook is BETUS – Click the link here or use Promo code “Prowagering” to get a 125% match on your first deposit
- Fund your account
- Find “Baseball or “MLB” and click
- Find the game you want under “MLB”
- Decide what you want to bet
- Enter the amount you want to bet
- Add to your bet slip
- Confirm your bet slip and place your wager
Most Common MLB Betting Types
Betting on Major League Baseball (MLB) games is a great way to add excitement to the game. There are many different types of bets that you can make on MLB games, including:
- Moneyline bets are one of the most common types of MLB betting. It is a simple bet in which you pick the team that will win the game. The odds are determined by the amount of money you wager, with favorites having lower odds and underdogs having higher odds. Moneyline bets can be placed on any MLB game, including regular season, playoffs and World Series games.
- Runline – The Runline bet is a type of wager where you are betting on a team to win or lose by a certain number of runs.
- Totals – Totals betting involves predicting the total number of runs scored in a game. This type of bet can be placed on either team, with the odds varying depending on which team is favored.
- Futures – These bets involve predicting the outcome of an event in the future. This could be anything from which team will win the World Series or which player will win the MVP award. With futures bets, you can bet on a wide range of events and outcomes
- Prop Bets – Prop bets involve wagering on the outcome of events that are not necessarily related to the game itself. For example, you might bet on how many home runs a certain player will hit in a single game, or how many strikeouts a pitcher will have.
- Parlays – Parlays involve combining multiple bets into one single bet, with the potential to earn a much higher payout than if you had placed each bet separately. Parlays are especially popular because they can be used to combine different types of bets such as moneylines, point spreads, and over/unders. This way you can increase your chances of winning by betting on multiple outcomes at once. With parlays, even small wagers can generate large payouts if all your picks turn out to be correct!
- Teasers – A teaser bet is a combination of two or more bets, in which the point spreads and/or totals are adjusted in the favor of the bettor. This type of wager allows you to move the line a few points in your favor, making it easier to win your bet. By adjusting the lines, you can increase your chances of winning and make more money from your bets.
- Series Bets – Series Bets involve betting on the outcome of an entire series, as opposed to a single game. With Series Bets, you can bet on which team will win the series, how many games it will take for a team to win, and if a certain team will sweep the series.
- Player Props – Player props involve predicting how individual players will perform in a specific game or series. This type of betting requires research and analysis, as you’ll need to be familiar with the players’ stats and form to make an informed decision. Player props can range from predicting a player’s batting average for a particular game to wagering on which team will score the most runs in an inning.
- Live betting – Live betting involves placing bets on games while they are in progress, allowing bettors to take advantage of changes in momentum and other factors that can affect the outcome of the game.
MLB Betting Metrics to Know
Runs scored per game
Earned run average
Strikeouts per nine innings
WHIP (walks and hits per innings pitched)
Runs allowed per game
Opponent batting average
Opponent on-base percentage
Opponent slugging percentage
Wins above replacement (WAR)
Base Running Metrics
Base Running Metrics
MLB Betting Strategies
Pitcher form and statistics
Home field advantage
Injuries and lineups
Betting on underdogs
Betting against the public
Betting on favorites
Betting on Totals
Fading the public
Shopping for the best lines
Following expert picks
Using a betting system
Understanding the odds
Betting on value
Betting with a long-term perspective
Taking advantage of bonuses and promotions.
Most Common MLB Betting Mistakes
Focusing too much on favorites
Not keeping track of injuries
Not considering weather conditions
Not considering home field advantage
Not shopping for the best lines
Not having a proper bankroll management strategy
Not having a betting strategy
Not understanding the odds
Not considering the emotional state of the team or players
Not considering pitcher’s form
Not following expert picks
Not understanding the importance of value betting
Not betting with a long-term perspective
Not taking advantage of bonuses and promotions
Not considering team’s recent performance
Not considering the umpire.
MLB Betting FAQs
How do I read MLB odds?
MLB odds are usually presented in the American format, which means that the odds are presented as a positive or negative number. A negative number indicates the favorite and the number represents how much you would need to bet to win $100. A positive number indicates the underdog and the number represents how much you would win if you bet $100.
What is a moneyline bet in MLB?
A moneyline bet is a straight-up bet on which team will win the game. The team with a negative moneyline is the favorite, and the team with a positive moneyline is the underdog.
What is a runline bet in MLB?
A runline bet is similar to a point spread bet in other sports. It is a bet on the margin of victory for the favorite team, with the favorite team being given a negative runline, and the underdog team given a positive runline.
What is a totals bet in MLB?
A totals bet is a bet on the combined number of runs scored by both teams in a game. You can bet on whether the total number of runs will be over or under a certain number set by the sportsbook.
What is a futures bet in MLB?
A futures bet is a bet made on an event that will happen in the future, such as which team will win the World Series or which player will win the MVP award.
What is a prop bet in MLB?
A prop bet is a type of bet that is not directly related to the outcome of the game, but rather on specific events or occurrences within the game. These can include betting on the number of home runs hit by a specific player or the total number of strikeouts thrown by a pitcher.
What is a parlay bet in MLB?
A parlay bet is a type of bet where you combine multiple bets into one wager, with the potential for a higher payout if all bets are correct.
What is a teaser bet in MLB?
A teaser bet is a type of bet where you adjust the point spread or total in your favor, but at the cost of a lower payout.