NBA Betting Guide
Where You Can Legally Bet on NBA Online in the US
How to Bet on NBA Online
- Create an online account with a Sportsbook
Our recommended Sportsbook is BETus – Click Link Here or use Promocode “Prowagering” to get 125% match on your first deposit
- Fund your account
- Find “Basketball or “NBA” and click
- Find the game you want under “NBA”
- Decide what you want to bet
- Enter the amount you want to bet
- Add to your bet slip
- Confirm your bet slip and place your wager
Most Common NBA Betting Types
When it comes to betting on the NBA, some of the most common betting types include point spread, moneyline, over-under, futures, props, and parlays.
- Point Spread – This type allows bettors to place a wager on which team will win by a certain point margin.
- Moneyline – The Moneyline bet involves predicting which team will win, but without any points spread handicap.
- Over/Under – Over Under bets are another popular option and involve predicting whether the total number of points scored in a game will go over or under a certain amount.
- Futures – Futures bets are longer-term wagers that involve picking which team will win certain championships or awards at the end of the season.
- Prop – Prop bets give players more specific options to choose from, such as which player might score the most points in a particular game.
- Parlays & Teasers – Parlays and teasers involve combining several bets into one with higher payouts but more difficult predictions to make correctly.
NBA Betting Metrics to Know
- Points per Game (PPG)
- Rebounds per Game (RPG)
- Assist per Game (APG)
- Turnovers per Game (TPG)
- Points Allowed per Game (PAPG)
- Efficiency Differential
- Advanced Metrics: Advanced metrics such as Player Efficiency Rating (PER), Win Shares, and Net Rating can also provide valuable insights into a team’s performance and can be used as a tool for making informed betting decisions.
NBA Betting Strategies
- Home Court Advantage: One strategy is to consider the home court advantage when making bets. Teams tend to perform better at home and it’s important to take that into account when placing bets.
- Injuries: Keep an eye on the injury reports for the teams you’re considering betting on. Key players being out can greatly impact a team’s performance and should be taken into account when making bets.
- Head-to-Head Matchups: Look at the past head-to-head matchups between the teams you’re considering betting on. This can give you an idea of how they’ve performed against each other in the past and can inform your betting decisions.
- Betting Against the Public: Another strategy is to bet against the public, this means betting on the underdog team that most of the public is betting on the favorite.
- Betting on Underdogs: Betting on underdogs can be a profitable strategy, especially if they have a good chance of winning or covering the spread.
- Betting on favorites: Betting on favorites can be a profitable strategy, especially if they have a good chance of winning or covering the spread.
- Betting on Totals: Betting on the over/under can be a profitable strategy, especially if you have a good sense of the scoring potential of the teams involved and the history of the teams scoring records.
Most Common NBA Betting Mistakes
Focusing too much on the favorites: One of the most common mistakes bettors make is focusing too much on the favorites, without taking into account the underdog’s potential to win or cover the spread.
Not keeping track of injuries: Another mistake is not keeping track of injuries, especially when it comes to key players. Injuries can greatly impact a team’s performance and should be taken into account when making bets.
Not considering the home court advantage: A mistake is not considering the home court advantage when making bets. Teams tend to perform better at home, and it’s important to take that into account when placing bets.
Not shopping for the best lines: Another common mistake is not shopping for the best lines. This means not comparing the odds from different sportsbooks to find the best odds for your bets.
Chasing losses: Chasing losses is a mistake, it means trying to recoup losses by placing bigger bets, which can lead to even bigger losses.
Not having a proper bankroll management strategy: Not having a proper bankroll management strategy is a mistake, it means not having a plan for managing your money, and not setting limits for yourself.
Not having a betting strategy: Not having a betting strategy is a mistake, it means placing bets without any thought or plan, which can lead to impulsive and emotional bets.
Not understanding the odds: Not understanding the odds is a mistake, it means not understanding the likelihood of a certain outcome and not being able to make informed betting decisions.
NBA Betting FAQs
What is the most popular type of bet in NBA?
The most popular type of bet in NBA is the point spread bet, where you bet on the team that you think will win the game by a certain number of points. This is a popular bet because it allows you to bet on a team even if they are not the favorite to win.
What is the over/under bet in NBA?
The over/under bet, also known as the total bet, is a bet on the total number of points scored in a game by both teams combined. You can bet on whether the total score will be over or under a certain number set by the sportsbook.
Can I bet on NBA games online?
Yes, you can bet on NBA games online through various sportsbooks and online platforms that are legally licensed and regulated in your state. Always make sure to check for the legality of online sports betting in your state before placing any bets.
What is a prop bet in NBA?
A prop bet is a type of bet that is not directly related to the outcome of the game, but rather on specific events or occurrences within the game. These can include betting on the number of 3-pointers made, the number of rebounds for a specific player, and more.
Can I bet on the NBA Draft?
Yes, you can bet on the NBA Draft through various sportsbooks. You can bet on which player will be selected first overall, which team will select a certain player, and more.
How do I read NBA betting lines?
NBA betting lines are typically presented in the format of point spread or moneyline. The point spread lists the favorite team with a negative number and the underdog with a positive number. The moneyline lists the favorite team with a minus sign and the underdog with a plus sign.
Tips for success: Keep track of injuries, especially for key players. Follow the teams and players closely, and consider the statistics, trends, and matchups when making your bets. Use multiple sportsbooks to get the best odds. Have a proper bankroll management strategy and stick to it.
Remember: As with any form of gambling, it is important to approach sports betting with caution and always gamble responsibly.